Have a wardrobe that is always full but you just can’t find anything to wear when its time to step out? Probably you are just holding on to things you never plan to use? So what do you do in such a situation? You de-clutter of course! It will give you more space to store more things and you will get a real sense of what you actually have.
Here are a few tips and ideas to help you de-clutter like a pro:
- Split your things into two piles – old and new. New items are those you bought in the last one year.
- Go through your old pile and takeaways things you have never used. Next, take out things you have not used in the last 5 or 6 years. Chances are you will never use it, even if it does come back into trend.
- Next set aside items that are damaged in any way. From this take out those that can be fixed or repaired. This way you now know what the items you just can’t use are, even if you want to get them fixed. It may be your favorite bag you bought from luxtime, but if it has lived its life and has seen some serious damages, it is time to get rid of it.
- Now that you have all that you need and will use, segregate them into similar items. If you are sorting out your accessories, you can split them color wise. This way you won’t have to go through all that you have, to find something to wear for your outfit.
- Get new boxes and store everything in closed boxes. Though open boxes or trays are easy to store your things in as you don’t have to open a box every time, it can look messy. When they are close, they look neat and can be stacked easily
Now your wardrobe will look more organized, less cluttered and you don’t have to house unwanted items.